Saturday 24 October 2015

High Tea for the Bettina Kerber Foundation


Today I went to the Mount Nelson hotel for their famous afternoon high tea with some special ladies in my life. It has become a tradition since my sister passed away to go for high tea on her birthday and this was the 2nd official high tea. I invited along my sisters closest and dearest friends to celebrate with me.
What was even more special about this high tea it was the introduction the Bettina Kerber Foundation...a foundation started by my mother and I to helps kids that get diagnosed with the same spinaltumor  my sisters had and to raise funds for research towards clinical trials as it is such a rare tumor. Funds will also go towards gets that cannot afford chemo. This is foundation is my pride and joy and I am so excited to get it started.

Now on to the amazing food served at the high tea. They have a beautiful collection of over thirty herbal and traditional teas to choose from. 
First you have the savories and it's a lovely selection or tarts and sandwiches. To name a few there are salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, cucumbers samdwiches, biltong sandwich, chicken pie, spinach and feta quiche and chilli bites.
Next they served the traditional scones with strawberry jam and fresh cream. But for me the hight light be sweet desserts and wow there was a great selection.
From carrot cake, to chaffon cake, peppermint slices, macarons, lemon meringue, fudge, hazelnut tarts and fresh fruits. 
All this will cost you R265 per person and it is well wort it.



No comments:

Post a Comment